Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sketchbook Drawings 5

For this set of sketchbook drawings, the requirement was to incorporate an overlay. These two were definitely my favorites out of the whole sketchbook. 

In the first image, I drew line drawings of different leaves on a piece of vellum (similar to tracing paper) and I glued different colored rectangles on the page beneath the vellum. These color swatches are actually leftover pieces from color mixing assignments from my color theory class. I tried to line up the green and yellow rectangles with the position of the leaves as an abstract suggestion of their actual color.


In this drawing, I used a similar approach by putting the line drawing on top but this time I used Prismacolor markers to put color underneath. I felt like an animator while doing this drawing because I had to keep flipping the vellum up and down to make sure I was lining the colors up correctly. I also tried to keep the coloring of this piece very loose.



No comments:

Post a Comment