Monday, October 29, 2012

3 Value Still Life

For this assignment, I had to draw the same still-life as in my previous post, but this time I had to use 3 values: black, white, and gray. The same rules applied as far as finding a good composition based on the rule of thirds and the distribution of value.

I had to do the same process for this assignment too. One had to be in charcoal:



The other had to be made of cut paper. It was more challenging to do the black and gray cut-outs, because if the black shapes were glued on in a slightly off or crooked position, it would throw off the position and size of the gray cut-outs. As a result, this one took me much longer to do than the black cut-out piece from my previous post.


2 comments:

  1. These are stunning!
    I'm preparing to do this in class tonight. Yours are very inspiring - I can't wait to try it. Thank you for posting these and I'll let you know how I do.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I really appreciate you following my blog and I would definitely be interested to see how your project comes out :)

    ReplyDelete