Friday, September 28, 2012

Nonobjective Contour Drawings

My second Design project was to zoom in on an object really close and make a contour drawing of what I saw. We were supposed to focus on making a dynamic, balanced, asymmetrical composition, as well as utilizing the rule of thirds and diagonals. These are the twelve contour drawings that I did of various objects:

This is a complete view of one side of the paper. There are 6 more on the other side, which you can see in the details below, but I forgot to take a picture of the other side as a whole.

The following 2 drawings are of a twisty lightbulb, or whatever you call them (the eco bulbs). Out of all the 12 drawings, the one of the left is the one that I personally like best.





Out of the following 2, my teacher liked the one on the right best out of the 12, so that's the one I ended up going with for my final project, even though I like the twisty lightbulb one above best.




After developing these contour sketches, we had to pick one and turn it into a black and white composition using black micron pens and a black copic marker on bristol board. We had to focus on creating balance by making certain shapes and lines black while keeping other shapes and lines white. I picked the one the teacher liked best. It was a fun project, but I really wanted to do the twisty lightbulb one. if I have time I might do that one for myself. I'll have to upload the final project later after the teacher grades it because we had to hand it in earlier this week and I didn't have a chance to photograph it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment