Monday, April 23, 2012

Finished Piece #3


Not only was this one of the first pieces that I did in pastel, but it was also one of the first pieces that I did in color. The toughest part of this piece was definitely the different highlights and shadows on the bottle. I can't even count how many times I had to go over and over those to get them right. I think I could've spent more time on the background, which I kind of rushed, but I had to keep moving if I wanted to keep up with the demanding pace of AP Art.


Actually, there's a pretty funny and kinda gross story that goes along with this piece :P. My art teacher brought in this giant pumpkin for another drawing class, and it had been sitting in school for a couple weeks. Then I asked if I could draw it, so it sat there for another week and a half. The day before I finished this piece, I asked the teacher if I could have it for just one more day, because she really wanted to take it home with her. Well, that one more day ended up being one day too long. I came into school the next day, and there was a really bad smell. That's when I noticed that the pumpkin was leaking all over the table! It had essentially rotted, and was leaking fermented pumpkin juice all over the place, although you would never be able to tell by just looking at it. I thought pumpkins kept for more than a few weeks! We get pumpkins for Halloween and they lasted a couple months! I felt terrible, but we cleaned it up and put that day down as just another interesting (and slightly gross) day in art class haha. My teacher was really nice though, and fortunately wasn't upset :]

No comments:

Post a Comment