Monday, April 9, 2012

Finished Piece #2


So back to some more traditional art. This is the second acrylic painting I have ever done in my life (which, so far, is not many haha). The school assignment was to make a fantasy landscape. It could be anything we imagined, as long as it was some type of environment. I chose to go with a barren, icy tundra with a hulking, jagged projection of ice in the foreground, and jagged, icy, mountains in the background. Some reference pictures of actual icebergs helped with the color and texture of the ice, but most of the painting came straight out of my head. I am relatively happy with how it came out, however I believe the mountains in the background could use a bit of help. (It was my first attempt at painting any type of mountain, and I quickly figured out that they are rather difficult to paint correctly. Some more practice in that area is definitely needed :] haha)


This project was extremely fun to do, because it was one of the few things that we've done all year that wasn't based on some type of realism, or focused upon some type of technique or subject matter. The project was extremely open-ended, and allowed for some extra creativity, which is always a plus. This piece is also more like the kind of art I want to do more of, so I was very excited to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment