Thursday, April 11, 2013

Modeling In Maya!

Hello everybody! I'm back with some new stuff! It's the third week of a new quarter here at SCAD and I just finished my first ever project in Autodesk Maya! I'm pretty happy with the way it came out, especially since it was my first time using any 3D modeling program. The assignment was to create a room, and it could literally be whatever kind of room we wanted. I chose to make a futuristic train station/subway:






Maya is quite a complex program, so this was a pretty tough project. I had to spend a lot of time watching online tutorials. It was a lot to figure out in two weeks, but the result was very rewarding. I especially like the lighting I was able to achieve in this scene, which took a lot of experimentation to finally figure out. I thought the lightning was a cool, futuristic effect too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment