Friday, April 12, 2013

Sketchbook Drawings

Last quarter I had to keep a sketchbook for my drawing class where I did two drawings a week. Every week we had to use a different technique and/or medium, because it was all about experimentation. I certainly experimented, and it didn't always lead to the best results, but it was a lot of fun anyway. I don't even like most of my drawings but I'm going to post them all anyways. Bad drawings are just part of the journey, and I did learn a lot from each one.

Here are the first two:



In these two drawings, the requirement was to use a toned background and to create a focal point. The first one is ok, but I really don't like the second one. I tried using colored pencils for a realistic drawing, which I had never done before, and it didn't really work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment