Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Alphabet Photography

The first assignment for my Design class was to walk around Savannah and find the entire alphabet as it naturally appears. Basically we had to look around us at the buildings, the sidewalk, the trees, and whatever else we saw, looking for shapes that looked like the letters of the alphabet. We then edited the pictures in Photoshop and arranged them on an 18in X 24in poster, which was then printed at the college design center. I kind of rebelled a little bit, because my teacher had really strict guidelines about the margins around the edges. Her requirements were that the top and side borders had to be 1/2" but the bottom was supposed to be between 3" and 4." I thought that looked awful and unbalanced, so I made the top and side margins slightly larger and the bottom margin around 2 1/2". After all, I was paying to get it printed (that's college for you), so I didn't want to pay for something I didn't even like. This is what it looks like:


No comments:

Post a Comment