Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"Into Focus" Horses

The next thing we did in my drawing class after the ballpoint pen drawings was a charcoal drawing. My teacher called it an "Into Focus" charcoal drawing because of the method we used to draw. First, my teacher started with an extremely blurry image on screen. It was literally a big gray blob and a big black blob. As my teacher changed slides, the image slowly came into better and better focus. By the end of class (2 1/2 hours later), this is what I had:




The assignment for the weekend was to finish the drawing. So I spent another 7-10 hours finishing all the details. This is how it came out:









So now that you've seen my drawing, here is the actual picture that I was working off of:


Hope you enjoy the artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment