Monday, June 18, 2012

Structure of Man #2



The next step in the Structure of Man videos is the skull. The above photo shows how to set up the human skull with realistic proportions.


This page shows how you can use the previous skull to develop a character design in profile. I didn't come up with this design, (it was the example from the video) but I did create my own that I will post later. The other two skulls are clearly the front view. It's all about getting the shapes right, especially of the eye sockets. I thought the front view of the skull looked a bit like batman, so I modified the skull on the top right a bit to enhance that haha :P


This photo just shows how to make the connection between the proportions of the side view and the front view. The eye sockets, mouth, nose, and brow should all line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment