Monday, March 19, 2012

AP Studio Art: Concentration



These are two more pieces for my AP Studio Art concentration in school. The first image goes together with the other video game image from my first concentration post. It is actually the same pose from the opposite angle. I was going for the same dramatic perspective as in the other piece, and I think I captured it fairly well. I was also exploring the effects of yet another paper color.


The second image was inspired by memories of a tire swing that I made with my sister and our two best friends when I was a lot younger. I was trying to make the image look more like a memory of swinging on a tire swing, rather than depicting an actually moving tire swing. That's why I made the swaying ropes lighter, my attempt to give them a transparent, ghostly feel, which hopefully sends the message that they're not really there. Despite the concept behind this piece being a bit more complex, the composition is fairly simple, but I think it works well. I also tried to give this piece an interesting perspective, which is something I enjoy exploring in my work.


As usual, comments and feedback about my work are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment