Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sketch #2

Wellll..... I am clearly not doing so well with this update schedule already, but I will definitely stick to it next week, and hopefully every week after that!


So this one is a sketch done in conte of a lemon and a pepper. It was another one of my firsts, and looking back on it I really could have pushed the value a lot more and paid more attention to the highlights, especially on the pepper (although I remember them being quite tricky). The background also needs some work, which is one thing I think I've gotten better at since then, although I still never seem to know what to do with the background in still-lifes. In this drawing though, it really does nothing to give the scene a sense of space. But hey, you've got to start somewhere, and this drawing was done almost at the very beginning of my art education. I'd have to say I've come a long way since I drew this.


So for next week, you can expect one of my more finished pieces, just to mix it up a bit. And don't forget, comments and constructive criticism are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment